Written by: Khalif Thompson
Another Will Smith project has been canceled.
According to Bloomberg, Netflix has abandoned a sequel to the 53-year-2017 old's action film "Bright."
The news agency also said that National Geographic is postponing the production of "Pole to Pole," a nature series that follows the "King Richard" actor as he travels the North and South poles.
According to Bloomberg, filming was supposed to begin in three weeks but has been put back until autumn 2022.
According to Bloomberg, the decision to suspend "Bright" was unrelated to the slap heard around the world.
Smith sparked outrage when he smacked Chris Rock in the face at the Academy Awards last month.
He was barred from attending the Oscars for the following ten years as a result of the event. He may, however, keep the Best Actor trophy he won on that tragic March night.
Several additional projects involving the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" star have put to a halt as a result of the Oscars slap incident.
According to an April 2 Hollywood Reporter report, a different Netflix production and a Sony feature have been put on hold.
Netflix was looking for a new director for "Fast and Loose" after original director David Leitch quit the project before the Academy Awards.
“The Board of Governors has decided, for a period of 10 years, from April 8, 2022, Mr. Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards,” the Academy said in statement at the time.
“We want to express our deep gratitude to Mr. Rock for maintaining his composure under extraordinary circumstances,” the organization continued. “We also want to thank our hosts, nominees, presenters and winners for their poise and grace during our telecast.”